Thursday, February 9, 2012

Book Review: 13 Little Blue Envelopes



13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson (4/5 stars)

"When Ginny receives thirteen little blue envelopes and instructions to buy a plane ticket to London, she knows something exciting is going to happen. What Ginny doesn't know is that she will have the adventure of her life and it will change her in more ways than one. Life and love are waiting for her across the Atlantic, and the thirteen little blue envelopes are the key to finding them in this funny, romantic, heartbreaking novel."

-summary taken from goodreads-


My Thoughts:

13 Little Blue Envelopes is a quick, funny and a little romantic read, I would recommend to everybody. It takes you to a fun trip around Europe.

I've liked this book from the very first page. The idea was very unique and very well written. I liked the way Maureen Johnson describes people or places, or just the way she writes, this is the first book written by her I've read, and so far I like her.

Ginny seemed to me like that one girl that is scared by almost everything, although, I think it was hard for her to take everything in. She is pretty intelligent I have to say, but she still learns a lot of the things she knows, in the countries she visits. As a tourist, she's a little clueless so I guess she never searched or read anything about Europe before, but didn't really bug me. What bugged me about her was the fact that she couldn't decide on certain things, and yes, I understand she may be too young to take some decisions, but that's just what I think. I liked Ginny, maybe not as much as I wish I did, but I still liked her.

Overall, the story is worth reading, there are passages that made me laugh, there are passages that made me cry, and somehow I wished this story never stopped. I'm looking forward to the sequel "The Last Little Blue Envelope" and I hope it's going to be published in Romania as well.

Last advice: Read it ! :)


1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad that you enjoyed this one! I read it last year and absolutely loved it. I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel. :) Thanks for the great review of a great book!

    Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page
    Drop by & enter my International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete